- Canara bank provides ATM/Debit Card service to every new customer
- Canara Bank ‘Green PIN’ service helps customers to activate newly issued ATM cards
- This Green Pin generation facility can also be used if the customers forget the PIN code.
Canara Bank is one of the fastest-growing Public Sector banks of India. The recent move of amalgamation of Syndicate Bank with the Canara Bank has added further pace to its progress. Besides brick-and-mortar locations, Canara Bank also provides Net Banking to its customers. To support cashless transactions Canara Bank facilitates its customers with different plastic cards like Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Prepaid Cards, etc.
At the time of opening a Savings or Current Bank Account with Canara Bank, ATM/Debit Card is provided to the customers. They need to activate it before using it for making transactions. Canara Bank provides a Green Pin facility to its customers to activate their newly provided ATM cards.
Requirements of Activating Canara Bank ATM Card
Before activating Canara Bank ATM Card you must have a few things handy for carrying out the activation process smoothly. These are as follows:
- Canara Bank newly issued ATM/Debit Card
- Registered Mobile Number
- Your Canara Bank 13 digit Account Number
Method to Activate Canara Bank ATM card
There are mainly two ways for generating Canara Bank Green Pin for activating newly issued Canara Bank ATM/Debit Card
- How to activate Canara Bank ATM Card by Visiting Canara Bank ATM
- How to activate Canara Bank ATM Card by Using Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
We will discuss each of the methods in detail in this article. You can choose any of the methods between these two. These both are convenient for Activating Canara Bank ATM Card.
How to Activate Canara Bank ATM Card by visiting Canara Bank ATM?
ATM serves different purposes nowadays. It is not only used for Withdrawing money but also used for Depositing money, Generating ATM PIN, Getting Mini Statement, Checking Account Balance, Requesting Cheque Book etc. Apart from these facility for activating you newly issued Canara Bank ATM Card you can use Canara Bank ATM. For that you have to follow some steps which are mentioned here under:
- Firstly, you have to visit Canara Bank ATM situated near your location with your Canara Bank ATM
- Then Insert/Swipe your Canara Bank ATM and choose the “Green PIN/FORGOT PIN” option
- Then click on the “Generate OTP” option
- In the next step, you have to enter your Canara Bank 13 Digits Account Number.
- Then in the next step, you have to enter your Registered Mobile Number.
- After entering your mobile number you will have to enter the OTP which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- After this you have to enter your New 4 digit ATM PIN twice.
- In the end you will get a display message on your ATM screen confirming the completion of your Green PIN generation process.
- How to Check Balance in Canara ai1 Mobile App?
- How to Check Canara Bank Debit Card Tracking Status?
- How to Generate/Unblock/Activate Canara Bank Transaction Password?
- How to Get Customer ID of Canara Bank?
- How to link Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank Account?
How to Activate Canara Bank ATM Card by Calling Canara Bank Customer Care Number?
Using Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service for carrying out the process of ATM activation or Green PIN generation is also a user friendly way. All you need to do is to follow simple steps mentioned below:
- Call the Canara Bank Customer Care toll free number 1800 425 0018 / 1800 103 0018.
- Choose the option Debit Card and then select ATM PIN option.
- Then enter your 13 digits Canara Bank Account number followed by 16 Digit Card number.
- At next step you have to enter your Date of Birth in DDMMYY format.
- Then enter Expiry date of your ATM/Debit Card.
- Further you have to enter your New 4 digit ATM PIN twice.
- At last you will get a confirmation message on your Registered Mobile Number regarding completion process of ATM PIN generation.
Points to Remember
You should keep some points in your mind for higher security of your funds. During and after using ATM for transactions it is must to keep yourself alert all the time because a slight ignorance can turn into a huge loss. These are some important points to remember which are listed below:
- Always cover key pad by your hand while entering PIN on ATM or POS machine
- Never write your ATM/Debit Card PIN on your card
- Do not respond to any Calls, Emails, Messages asking for your ATM/Debit Card details. Canara Bank never ask for such details.
- Do not share your OTP which you receive on phone while Generating Green pin
- Do not share your Debit card number and CVV with anyone
- Do not use PIN similar to your Birthday, Phone number, Account Number etc
- Do not use public Wi-Fi while using Internet Banking or Mobile Banking
- Do not enter your Canara Bank ATM pin in front of any other person
- You should always be alert of keypad manipulation, heat mapping while using the Canara Bank ATM or POS machine.
- After every transaction dispose your transaction slip carefully.
- Always collect your ATM card after completing your transaction with ATM
- For securing your transactions always sign up for transaction alerts(like via message or/and Email).
- In order to secure your Canara Bank ATM Card it is recommended to change your ATM pin time to time
- Always try to remember your ATM pin or note it down somewhere where it is safe and can’t be accessed by any other person
We hope this guide helped you in understanding two different methods of Generating a Green Pin or Activating the Canara Bank ATM Card. Both methods are easy to carry out and user-friendly. If you face any difficulty in processing the method you can simply call Canara Bank Customer Care Toll Free Number 1800 425 0018 / 1800 103 0018. They will assist and guide you properly.