If you are in search of the process of how to Block Axis Bank Debit Card then this article is for you. We all are aware of the advantages of the Axis Bank Debit Card. It has made our life easier. Now we don’t have to visit our base branch to withdraw money, change ATM PIN, request for chequebook etc.
But sometimes due to XYZ reasons, we want to deactivate our Debit Card. For that rather than visiting Bank Branch, we prefer some easy options to block our ATM card instantly.
In our previous article we discussed how to download axis credit card statement online and now in this article, we will discuss How to Block Axis Bank Debit Card by six different methods without even visiting bank branch. These processes can be executed anywhere at any time.
Reasons to Block Debit Card
There are different reasons to block Debit Card. This blocking can be Temporary or Permanent Blocking. But you can not use your Debit Card again for the transaction purpose once you have blocked it. In that case you have to request to replace your Axis Debit Card with new card.
Reasons to Block Debit Card
- Debit Card is not in use
- Lost Debit Card
- ATM card has been stolen
- Damaged Card
- Other personal reason
Different ways to Block Axis Bank Debit/ATM Card
You can block your lost/Not in use Axis Bank Debit Card easily. There are six different methods by which you can hotlist your Axis Bank Debit Card easily.
- Using Axis Bank Toll Free Customer Care Number
- By sending SMS
- Through Axis Bank Official Website
- By using “Axis AHA!“
- Via Axis Bank Net Banking
- Axis Bank Mobile App
Procedure to Block Axis Bank Debit Card by Dialing Toll Free Number
Axis Bank provides facility to its customers to block Axis Debit Card by customer care number. Just follow these steps
- Dial Axis Bank Customer Care Number +91-22-67987700 and follow the IVR instructions.
- Customer Care Executive will ask some questions to verify the authenticity of the customer like your Name, Account Number, Last Transaction, Debit Card Number etc.
- After confirming your authenticity your request of Axis Bank ATM Block will be proceeded.
Axis Bank Debit Card Block by Sending SMS
It is also a convenient method to block Axis Bank lost/Stolen ATM card. In this method you have to send a text message by your registered mobile number. And your card is blocked instantly.
Write ‘BLOCKCARD’ in your text box and send it to 5676782 (or +919717000002)
Axis Bank ATM/Debit Card Block Using Axis Bank Official Website
In order to hotlist your Debit Card, you can direct go to Axis Bank official website and block your lost/stolen Debit Card. The step-by-step procedure to block Axis Bank ATM Card is given below:
- Click on the “Support” option present on the top menu bar.
- Click on the “Block Card“.
- Choose between “Block Credit Card” and “Block Debit Card“.
- Click on “Block Debit Card“
- Now on the next step you have to enter your registered Mobile number and Captcha
- Now click on “Enter” button
- After that you will enter an OTP which you received on your registered mobile number
- Select your Axis Bank Card which you want to Block
- Click on “Submit” and your Axis Debit card will be blocked.
- The advantages and benefits of Recurring deposits
- How to Register Mobile Number with Canara Bank Account?
- Important Things to know while taking a Personal Loan online
- How to Open Demat Account in Canara Bank?
- How To Apply Canara Bank New ATM Debit Card Online?
Process to Block Axis Bank Debit Card using “Axis AHA!”- Virtual Banking Assistant of Axis Bank
Axis Bank facilitates its customers with a virtual Banking Assistance. By using this assistance you can get solution of your various Axis Bank products and services. You can find “Axis Aha” icon at the bottom of the Axis Bank official website.
In order to Deactivate Axis Bank Debit/ATM Card you can simply follow these below mentioned steps.
- You will find “Axis AHA!” icon at the bottom of the Axis Bank Official Website
- Type “Block Card“
- Now you have to login into your account using either your “Internet banking Credentials” or “MPIN”
- Then select the Card you want to block and click on “Confirm“
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- You Axis Bank Card Blocking Process is completed and your card will be blocked.
Axis Bank Debit Card Block and Replace Via Internet Banking
If you want to block your lost/Stolen/Damaged Debit Card instantly then Axis Bank Internet Banking is also a very easy method. Just you need to follow these steps mentioned ahead
- Go to Axis Bank Net Banking Portal
- Login with your User ID and Password. Also you can login using Debit Card No. or mPIN credentials.
- Click on “Accounts” and select “My Debit Card“
- Select the Card Number which you want to block
- Click “Block Card” and select the Reason of blocking your Debit Card
- Then enter NetSecure Code (OTP) sent on your registered mobile number.
- Now Your Debit Card will be blocked
If you want to apply for Debit Card Replacement then you can proceed with these steps
- When you will see the message on screen “Your Debit Card has Been Blocked” at the bottom of this message you will find an option stating “Apply for Card Replacement“
- Click on this option to Replace your Axis Bank Debit Card.
Also Read : How to Block Canara Bank Debit/ATM Card
Block Axis Bank Debit Card via Axis Mobile App
For using this option of Axis Bank Debit Card Hotlisting use must have registered with Axis Bank Mobile Banking. If you have not registered yourself yet then firstly download Axis mobile app on your phone and register yourself.
- Firstly login into app using User ID and Password
- Go to “Menu” and select “Services & Support“
- Now select “Debit Cards” option
- Now you have to select Card which you want to block
- At last click on “Block & Replace“
- Your card will be blocked immediately
These are six different methods of blocking Axis Bank Debit Card. You can opt any of these according to your convenience. Also if you are not technically sound then you can visit to your home branch and proceed to deactivate your Axis Bank ATM/Debit Card.
We hope this article helped you in blocking Axis Bank Debit Card. If you still have any doubt you can comment down. Also you can call to customer care number of Axis Bank 1 – 860 – 419 – 5555, 1 – 860 – 500- 5555 to get help at any time.