Numerous methods can help you to Block Canara Bank ATM Card. But it is totally up to you which option you will go with. But you must proceed it in the nick of time. An unauthorized transaction after losing ATM Card or Debit Card, can result in abolishing all your nest egg.
Tap and Pay cards are in trend nowadays, which are issued by almost all the current available banks. VISA powers most of them. Without entering the PIN, making transition by the tap and pay cards, make them more convenient as well as more prone to risk. Although only transaction of up to Rs. 2000 is possible at one time but still this feature can be misused easily. Canara Bank issues cards that are powered by RuPay also.
Once you get your Canara Bank Card Activated after opening the new Canara bank account you must take care of your card properly because it can be misused easily if falls into wrong hands. So if you have become victim of this mishappening then the first step should be Hostlist your Canara Bank Card immediately.
- 1 Methods to Block/Hotlist Canara bank ATM Card
- 2 By Visiting your Home Branch
- 3 By Calling Customer Care
- 4 Sending SMS
- 5 Steps for Blocking Canara Bank ATM Card using Internet Banking:
- 6 How to Block Canara Bank ATM Debit Card Online using Mobile Banking?
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Final Words
Methods to Block/Hotlist Canara bank ATM Card
There are methods among which you can choose the most convenient method. All possible methods are:
- By Visiting your Home Branch.
- By Calling Customer Care.
- By Sending SMS.
- By Using Internet Banking.
- By using Canara Mobile Banking
Let’s discuss all methods in details.
By Visiting your Home Branch
The lost card can be blocked by visiting your branch where the card is issued. Procedure after visiting home branch is:
- Visit your Home Branch of Canara Bank.
- Give the information to the Bank Officials regarding lost your ATM Card or Debit Card.
- You have to provide your 16 digit ATM card number.
- Verify your details of the bank account which is linked to that card. E.g Aadhaar linked to Canara Bank and Mobile Number registered with Canara Account etc
Canara Bank Passbook, PAN Card or copy of Aadhaar Card (or any other KYC documents) are required to carry to your bank along with you, as identity proof. Make sure to visit bank during working days and within working hours.
- How to Check Balance in Canara ai1 Mobile App?
- How to Check Canara Bank Debit Card Tracking Status?
- How to Generate/Unblock/Activate Canara Bank Transaction Password?
- How to Get Customer ID of Canara Bank?
- How to link Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank Account?
By Calling Customer Care
Steps to Block Canara Bank ATM Card by Dialing Customer Care Number:
The details include bank account number, your name, your area postal code etc. Also, you must aware of the fact that the customer care executive never asks for your ATM PIN(Personal Identification Number). So, make sure if you get any call regarding your bank services, and they are asking for your ATM PIN, that must be fraudulent.
Make sure that you must have all the required details in hand before calling the customer care executive. The details help to confirm your identity.
Must READ :
Steps for Blocking Canara Bank ATM Card by Sending Text Message:
Steps for Blocking Canara Bank ATM Card using Internet Banking:
Before using this option for blocking Canara Bank make sure that internet banking is activated at your end. If not activated then you can follow some steps for activating it. Although it is not a good idea to activate it just before blocking you lost Canara Bank ATM/Debit Card.
Because blocking your card must be a priority and some other immediate options can be picked for the same.
Steps for using the Internet Banking option is hereunder:
Please ensure that you log in to the official website of the bank only, before using your credentials.
How to Block Canara Bank ATM Debit Card Online using Mobile Banking?
There are two ways to block your Canara Bank ATM Debit Card using CANDI mobile app.
Method 1: How to Block Canara ATM Debit Card using CANDI Mobile App?
- Download CANDI Mobile App on your phone.
- Register yourself in the Mobile App.
- Login into the app using your Passcode.
- Now tap on the “Cards” option.
- Select the “Debit Card” option from the Top menu.
- Now tap on the “Block” section.
- Here you will get two options Block Temporarily or Block Permanently.
- You can select between the options according to your choice.
- Your card will be blocked successfully.
Method 2: How to Block ATM Debit Card in Canara Bank using Mobile App?
- Click on “View Your Balance”.
- Under “Quick Links” select “More Menu”.
- Now tap on “Cards” option.
- Select “Manage Debit Card” option.
- Select Debit card which you want to block.
- Now choose the option “BLOCK” or “HOTLIST” for blocking your card temporarily or permanently.
It is a Plastic Card. All Saving and Current Account holders get this from their respective banks for availing different banking services provided at Canara Bank ATM. It contains all the information of a particular Canara Bank Account Holder.
These are the variants provided by the bank Canara Bank Debit Card (Classic/Standard/Platinum) Canara Bank Business Debit card Canara Bank Campus Debit card
It is a 4 digit unique number present at the back side of your ATM/Debit Card that helps to access your Canara Bank Account.
You must contact your Canara Bank home branch and ask to resolve the issue. In case of replacement do not forget to destroy old ATM Card. And after requesting for the new card you can collect it from bank within 7 days.
If you are using Canara Bank Debit Card (Standard/Classic) then the limit for Cash Withdrawal at Canara Bank ATMs will be Rs 40,000 per day and for purchase transaction it is Rs. 1,00,000 per day and for Canara Bank Debit Card(Platinum & Business) Money withdrawal limit is Rs. 50,000 /day and for purchase transaction it is Rs. 2,00,000 /day
Canara Bank replaces Worn out ATM cards free of cost. But Cards issued in replacement of lost/misplaced card is chargeable and costs Rs.50. Also, Blocking Card charges of Rs. 150 you have to bear in all cases.[
You should block your Canara Bank Card as soon as possible for avoiding any suspicious activity. You can use any method explained in the article.
You Canara Bank validity is mentioned on front side of your card under ‘valid thro’
Lost Card which once hot listed or blocked cannot be re-activated in any case.
You should change Canara ATM PIN time to time to ensure the high security of your PIN.
You can regenerate Canara ATM PIN online anytime via Net Banking or Mobile Banking.
Max 4 Canara Bank Accounts having same name and capacity can be linked.
You can change ATM PIN any number of time.
No, Canara Bank is not liable to bear any liability in any case.
On the back side of your Canara Bank ATM Card you will notice 3 digits which are actually a part of 7 digit number. This is CVV no. which helps in online transactions.
Yes, PAN Card is must to obtain Debit Card. If you are not having PAN Card then form 60/61 is must to submit.
Canara Bank toll free Number is 1800 425 0018 / 1800 103 0018
If a customer is having Visa/MasterCard Debit Card then RuPay Debit Card as an additional card can be availed.
It may be due to connectivity failure with the other ATM. You can wait till reconnect. Meanwhile, you can try other ATM near by your location
Accident Insurance of Rs. 1 Lakh for RuPay card and Rs. 2 Lakhs for RuPay Platinum cards is provided by NPCI
During apply Canara Bank ATM Card online you will get Canara Bank Tracking ID or Reference Number at the end of the procedure.
It will be automatically unlocked after 24-48 hours. You can also activate it again by Canara Bank New PIN generation.
Cash deposits upto Rs. 100000 it is free. And above it you have to pay Rs. 2 per 1000.
We hope this guide helped you in knowing the methods of blocking Canara ATM Debit Card. For any further help you can comment us below. If you face any inconvenience you can use canara public grievance redressal system to complain in Canara Bank