If you are a Central Bank of India customer and forgot the CIF number and/or want to know your Central bank CIF code for using net banking and/or mobile banking then this article is for you. In this article, you will read what does central bank CIF number means and how to find CIF no of the Central Bank of India by online and offline methods.
This article helps you to get the Central bank CIF numbers in 7 different ways.
What is CIF no means in Central Bank of India?
Central Bank CIF No means Customer Information File Number. It is a 10-digit unique number that is assigned to each customer individually. You can have multiple accounts in the Central Bank of India including in different branches of the bank but your CIF number will be the same.
Bank officials can check all the details of a bank customer collectively at one place using the customer’s CIF number. In some banks, it is also called Customer ID.
Why you need Central Bank of India(CBI) CIF number?
- At the time of CBI Mobile App registration and login, Central Bank CIF is needed
- For first-time registration in Central Bank Net Banking, you need the CIF number of CBI
- For using any important banking services where you have to submit a written application i your home branch, CIF is a must to mention.
Method 1: Get Central Bank CIF number Online without Passbook (Using Central Bank of India Official Website)
- Go to Central Bank of India official website https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/en
- Click on “Internet Banking” option
- Now go to “Personal Internet Banking” and click on “Login“
- Then click on “Please Click Here to Proceed” button
- Now click on “Get CIF” Number option present top right corner of login page
- Enter you Central Bank of India account number and click “Submit“
- Enter the 6 digit OTP that you received on your registered mobile number and click “Submit“
- Your central bank CIF ID will be shown on screen
Method 2: How to find Central Bank CIF Number on Passbook?
- Open the first page of your Central Bank of India Passbook
- All the details are mentioned on this page like Customer Name, Account Number, Address, IFSC Code, etc
- Among these details, you will find the CIF Number
- The digits printed in front of the CIF Number are your Central Bank CIF No
Method 3: How to Check/Know Central Bank of India CIF Number Online through Cent m-Passbook Mobile App?
- Login into the Cent m Passbook app using your 4 digit mPIN
- Now on the main screen, you will find the “Passbook” option
- Click on this “Passbook” option
- Now on the screen, you will get all the details like Account Number, Account Type, Phone Number, IFSC Code, etc
- Among these options, you will find the CIF option
- You can get your 10-digit CBI CIF number here
Method 4: Know Your CIF for Central Bank of India By Calling Customer Care Number
- Dial 1800 22 1911 and follow the instructions to talk to the customer care executive
- Now customer care executive will ask for some details to confirm the authenticity of the account holder
- First, you have to tell your name (Account holder name)
- Then tell your Central Bank of India Account Number
- Now you have to tell your D.O.B (Date of Birth)
- Next, you have to confirm your registered mobile number
- Further, you may ask for your full Address with Postal Code
- Also, you may be asked for the last two transactions in detail with the amount and date, done in your account
- After verifying all the details customer care executive will tell you your 10-digit CIF Number
Method 5: How to Find Central Bank of India CIF Number on Cheque Book?
- Open the first page of your Central bank of India Passbook first page
- On the first page of your cheque book you will get the details of the account holder like Name, Address, Account Number, etc
- Among these details, you will get your CIF Number printed on that page
- Get your CIF number from the Central Bank of India and note it down somewhere for future use
Note: You can find your details in Personalized Cheque Book only
Method 6: How to Get Central Bank CIF Number Online using Net Banking?
- Go to Central Bank of India net banking official page https://www.centralbank.net.in/jsp/startMain.jsp
- Click on “Login” button under “Personal Internet Banking“
- Now enter your Central Bank of India Net Banking User ID and Password
- Enter the captcha code
- Select “Account Summary” in Start with Page option
- And then click on “Login“
- On the top of your Dashboard, you will find your CIF Number mentioned with your name
Method 7: Steps to Check CIF Number of Central Bank of India by Monthly Account Statement (e Passbook Statement)
- If you have activated monthly account statement facility in your Central bank of India then you can easily get your CIF Number
- Open the Email ID in which you receive the monthly account statement of the Central Bank of India
- Download the file attached with the email sent by CBI bank
- At the top of the statement, all the details are mentioned like the Account holder name, Address, Account Number etc.
- Among all the details you will get 10 digit CIF number mentioned in the statement
Method 8: How to Know CIF Number in Central Bank of India by Visiting Home Branch?
- Visit your Central Bank of India home branch
- Take your passbook and one ID proof (Like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card etc) with you which is linked with your CBI account like your Aadhaar Card or PAN card
- Ask the bank officials for the CIF number
- Bank official will verify your documents (ID Proof)
- After verifying the authenticity of the user they will tell you your CIF Number
Only on the basis of your ATM card, you can not get your CIF number. If you have an ATM card then you can register yourself for Central Bank of India Net Banking or Mobile Banking Service and any time you can log in to your account and get your CIF Number from there.
Also, now you can easily get your CIF no of CBI without login into Net Banking and Mobile Banking. This option is available on the CBI official website. Read the article to know the step-by-step guide of the procedure.
Central Bank of India CIF Number consists of 10 digits. And it can easily be found in your Passbook, Cheque book, e-statement. Read the article to know the procedure to find your CIF in 8 different ways.
No, IFSC Code and CIF Code both are different. IFSC code is the unique code of the particular bank branch whereas, the CIF number is a unique code assigned by the bank to each customer.
You can get your CIF number directly from the Central Bank of India’s official website using the option GET CIF on Net Banking Login Page. For details, step-by-step guide read the above article carefully.
On the first page of your Cheque book where all the details of the account holder are printed, you can find the CIF there. But for this, you should have a personalized chequebook. In a non-personalized cheque book, you will not get these details except the account number.
We hope you find this article helpful in getting your CIF Number of the Central Bank of India using Eight different methods. You can get your CIF number of CBI Bank with or without login into net banking. For any further help, you can comment below or can call the customer care number 1800 22 1911 which is available 24X7.
My ifc number
Stetment 01 12 2021
31 12 2021
Central bank of India CIF Number