If you are the State Bank of India’s customer and want to use UPI (Unified Payment Interface) to send or receive money using your SBI bank account then first you have to create your Yono BHIM UPI ID. You can either use SBI Net Banking or Mobile Banking to generate UPI in SBI YONO. And if you don’t know how to create a UPI id in Yono SBI then this article is for you.
In our previous articles on State Bank, we discussed how to get SBI passbook online and how to unblock SBI atm card online. And this article will help you in how to create a UPI id in SBI using SBI Mobile App YONO. Creating a UPI id in YONO app is much easy. By following a few simple steps you can make a UPI ID in SBI Yono easily and afterward can use it for Yono SBI UPI payment immediately.
- Open the SBI YONO app and login into the app using SBI MPIN or SBI User ID(SBI Yono Username and Password)
- Now click on the “YONO Pay” option present on the dashboard
- Then on the next screen click on the “BHIM UPI” option
- Now click on the “Create/Retrieve UPI Profile” option
- Here you can create your new UPI ID if you have not had any YONO UPI ID before.
- After this Choose the SIM Card linked with your SBI account (register mobile number in SBI)
- Now an automatic SMS will be sent from your registered mobile number which will confirm your bank details in SBI (Standard SMS charges will be applicable for this)
- Then on the next screen, choose the State Bank of India from the list of banks
- Now, you will get an option to generate a YONO SBI UPI id
- Also, you will get 3 different options under Suggested UPI IDs.
- You can choose among these or can create any YONO UPI id of your choice here.
- In the next step, you have to select a “Secret Question” and type the answer to this question
- Now choose the SBI account number which you want to link with your SBI Yono UPI ID
- And then click on the “Next” button
- Now you will get a confirmation message “Congratulations! Successfully created your UPI ID“
- In the next step, you have to create the UPI PIN of SBI which is used while sending or receiving money through SBI UPI.
SBI UPI ID Example
For creating an SBI UPI ID you can choose any number or alphabet in any order. But most preferably people choose their phone number or their full name for making their unique SBI UPI ID.
For example: If your contact number is 9876543210 and your full name is Emma Ortiz then you can either make [email protected] or [email protected] as your UPI ID in SBI BHIM (make sure this id should be unique).
How to Set/Reset/Change SBI UPI PIN?
- Open the SBI YONO app using YONO Username and Password or the SBI YONO MPIN option
- Now tap on the YONO Pay option
- Then choose the “BHIM UPI” option
- Now on the next screen choose the “Manage” option present on the left bottom
- Then choose and tap on the “State Bank of India” option
- Now you tap on Set/Reset PIN to create a PIN for the UPI id in Yono SBI
- Also, you can click on Change PIN to change the existing SBI UPI PIN
- On the next screen, you first have to choose your ATM Debit Card type: Maestro or Master/Visa/Rupay
- Then Enter the last 6 digits of your SBI ATM Card and Expiry Date
- On the next page, you have to enter 6 digits OTP sent on your registered mobile number in SBI
- Then enter the 6 digits which you want to make your PIN for the ID of UPI in the Yono SBI app
- Again you have to enter the same Yono BHIM UPI ID PIN one more time
- Your SBI BHIM UPI will be created successfully
How to Know SBI UPI ID?
If you already have YONO SBI BHIM UPI id but don’t know how to get SBI UPI id in Yono App then simply you need to follow these simple steps:
- Open the SBI YONO app using SBI Yono Username and Password
- Now click on the “YONO PAY” option
- Then tap on the “BHIM UPI” option
- Hereunder the Receive section tap on the “Generate QR” option
- On the next screen, you can check SBI UPI ID
- Also, If you click on the “Manage” option present at the bottom of the screen you will get your UPI ID in Yono
How to Check UPI Transactions in SBI?
- If you want to check your daily SBI UPI transactions then open the SBI YONO app
- Now click on the “YONO PAY” option, present on the dashboard
- Then tap on the “BHIM UPI” option
- Now at the bottom side choose the option “Transactions”
- You will get all UPI transactions from the State Bank of India
If your Yono UPI not working then first check if you made your SBI UPI ID disabled then make it enable using Net Banking or Mobile Banking option. Also, if you have deleted your SBI UPI ID then it is clearly stated by the SBI then if you once delete your SBI UPI ID then you can not have or create the same UPI ID for at least 2 years. The other reasons SBI BHIM UPI is not working include Server Down, Upgradation or Maintenance in the app, Mobile Network down, etc.
You can not complete SBI UPI registration without ATM Debit Card. So if you don’t have your ATM then you can simply apply for Yono SBI debit card. Or you can contact your home branch for SBI UPI registration without ATM Debit Card.
You can easily activate UPI in SBI. You can either use the SBI Net Banking option or can use SBI Mobile App SBI YONO. Follow the steps mentioned above to create a UPI ID in the State Bank of India.
Other SBI-Related Posts
- How to Reset/Change MPIN in State Bank of India ?
- How To Download SBI Passbook Online With/Without Net Banking?
- How To Reset Forgot Profile Password in Yono SBI & Yono Lite SBI?
- How To Unblock SBI ATM Debit Card Online & Offline?
- How to Apply New ATM Debit Card Online in Yono SBI? | SBI ATM Card Application Form Online
We hope this guide helped you to create a UPI ID for an SBI account online in the SBI YONO app. For any further queries, you can comment below or can search www.thefinancialblaze.com on google and write your query in the Search Box.