If you want to use the SBI Yono app for a new user with his/her User ID and Password on your existing downloaded Yono App and you are experiencing a problem and seeing “This device is already registered with another user” error or “This device/ SIM/ User combination used for login is not matching with the one which has been used for registering the app. Please delete/uninstall the YONO application and reinstall it“. Then you need to deregister your SBI Yono app.
In SBI, there is no such option to add multiple accounts in the Yono app. If you want to add a second account in SBI Yono then you first have to deregister the SBI Yono app from your mobile device. Then only you can register a new User in the Yono App.
The whole process of SBI Yono App deactivation completed in two steps
Step 1: SBI Yono Deregistration
Step 2: Deactivate SBI Secure OTP
Step 1: SBI Yono Deregistration Process
There are two methods to deregister from Yono. You can deactivate your account either without login into the app or after login into it. Let’s discuss both methods in detail.
Method 1: How to Uninstall/Deactivate/Deregister Yono SBI Account (Without Login)?
- Open Yono App on your Mobile.
- Tap on “Existing Customer”.
- Now click on “Login with Internet Banking ID”
- Now a question will be displayed on the screen “Do you have Internet Baking ID?”.
- Click on “Yes” option
- Now Enter your “User ID”
- Next enter your “Password”
- Now if you will see an error on the screen stating “This device is already registered with another user“
- Then click on “Having problem logging in?”.
- You will see two customer care numbers 1800 11 2211 and 1800 425 3800.
- These two are SBI Yono deregister toll-free numbers.
- Call the customer care number and request them to deactivate/deregister your Yono SBI app.
- Customer care executive will ask for some details like your Name, Mobile Number, Account Number etc
- Then after confirming the details the customer care executive will deregister the SBI Yono account from your mobile device.
- How to Register into YONO LITE SBI Latest Version (2022)?
- How To Get SBI CIF Number Online?
- How To Do SBI Online Account Opening Zero Balance Using Yono App?
- How to Create/Find UPI ID in SBI Yono App?
- How To Get SBI Mini Statement Online?
Method 2: How to Deregister/Delete Account from SBI Yono Mobile App (After Login)?
If you remember your User Name and Password and want to deregister your SBI Account from SBI Yono App then you can follow these steps
- Open the Yono SBI app.
- Then click on “Existing Customer”
- Now Login into App using any preferred option.
- Click on “Login using Internet Banking ID” if you want to log in yourself using Yono SBI Username and Password
- Or click on “Register with my ATM Card“
- Now go to “settings”
- Then click on “Profile”
- And click on Deregister option.
Also Read :
How to Update KYC in SBI Yono App
How to register into SBI YONO Lite
Step 2: Deactivate SBI Secure OTP
To complete the process of deregistration you have to deactivate the account from SBI Secure OTP App too. It is the most important step because if you are trying to login again with the new User ID and Password after the deregistration then to complete the process of re-registration in SBI YONO you need OTP to be received on your register mobile number in SBI and for this, you need to switch OTP mode to SMS in SBI Net Banking. So delink SBI Secure OTP is a must after deregistering the account from SBI Yono.
How to Deactivate SBI Secure OTP? | How to Switch OTP Mode to SMS in SBI?
- Visit SBI’s official website https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Login into SBI Net Banking Account.
- If you do not use SBI Net Banking then firstly complete SBI Net Banking Registration
- Go to the “Profile” section
- Now click on “High-Security Option”
- Enter your SBI profile password
- Now a screen will open. Here you have to change the “Mode of Authentication through OYP” option from “State Bank Secure OTP” option to “SMS” option.
- Now process will be completed successfully.
You have to deregister SBI Secure OTP and then again register in the app. For deregistering an account from the SBI Secure OTP app, you have to follow the steps explained in the article.
Deregister your old account from the app as explained in the article and again register with new credentials it will work.
Follow the steps to deregister an account from SBI Yono as mentioned in the article and your account will be deleted from the app permanently.
You can open SBI account in Yono app easily. Just download the app and follow the instructions for opening a new account. In this process, you do not need to visit the SBI branch. All you have to do is complete the video KYC and your account will be open with zero balance. Also, you can use SBI Net Banking and Mobile Banking after opening the digital account in SBI.
We hope this guide helped you in the process of deregistration SBI Yono App from a mobile device. For any further help, you can comment below. Also, you can ask any doubt we will try to answer your query as soon as possible.
I have opened my YONO app in laptop. I want to deregister in laptop and operate from mobile handset How to go about ?
I have opened my Yono online banking in computer. I want deregister.
I have registered on yono app for opening account number using the without branch option. However video kyc executive put the application on hold because of mismatch in the information on PAN and Adhar card. Now I have made the necessary corrections in the PAN card but couldn’t apply again as it is showing phone number already registered.
Tried resume application option but the video kyc excutive is saying that the application cannot be accepted because the data is not as per the PAN card.
Kindly assist what to do.