If you are a new user of SBI and recently open account in SBI online or offline and want to start using the SBI Net Banking facility then firstly you have to register yourself with SBI Net Banking. Now it is possible to do SBI net banking online registration without going to a branch. For this, you have to choose SBI net banking online registration.
There are two methods of SBI internet banking registration online. The first method is SBI Net Banking Registration With ATM Card and the second method is SBI Online Net Banking Registration With Debit Card.
Firstly, you will learn what should be the proper format for making SBI Net Banking Password online. Then you will understand the requirements for registering into SBI Through ATM and Without ATM Card after that, you will get all the steps required to get yourself registered into SBI Internet Banking and how to do State Bank of India Net Banking Login after registration.
- 1 Format of SBI Net Banking Password
- 2 Method 1: SBI Internet Banking Registration Without Debit Card
- 3 Method 2: SBI Online Banking Registration Without Branch Visit Using Debit Card
- 4 Steps for SBI Internet Banking Login (SBI Internet Banking Sign Up)
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final Words
Format of SBI Net Banking Password
- The length of the password must be a Minimum of 8 and a Maximum of 20
- Password must be having one Numeric Digit (0-9), one Alphabet (A-Z)(a-z), and one Special Character (like: @,#,$,%)
- Do not choose a password that is very easy to guess like your Phone Number, Car or Bike registration number, Your Name, DOB, etc
- It is suggested to memorize your password overwriting it somewhere
Method 1: SBI Internet Banking Registration Without Debit Card
If you just opened the SBI Account and you do not have your ATM Debit Card then you can use this method to start using the SBI internet banking facility. A step-by-step guide for completing the process is given below.
Requirements for SBI Internet Banking Registration Without ATM Card
- Your SBI Registered Mobile Number
- SBI Account Number
- Your SBI CIF Number: Mentioned in your passbook or Message sent by SBI Bank at the time of opening bank account
Steps for New SBI Net Banking Registration Without ATM Card
- How to Apply New ATM Debit Card Online in Yono SBI? | SBI ATM Card Application Form Online
- How to Update KYC in SBI Yono App? | Update KYC in SBI Online | SBI KYC Form
- How to do SBI Net Banking Registration & Login Without Going to Bank With/Without ATM Card Online?
- How To Do SBI Online Account Opening Zero Balance Using Yono App?
- How To Get SBI Mini Statement Online?
Method 2: SBI Online Banking Registration Without Branch Visit Using Debit Card
You can also do SBI Personal Net Banking registration online without visiting a branch for this all you need is ATM Debit Card. If you have received the Pre-Printed Kit of SBI then you so do the registration yourself online. Follow the simple step-by-step guide to complete the process easily.
Requirements to Register Into SBI Internet Banking Online
- Your Registered Mobile Number
- SBI ATM Debit Card
- Your Account Number
- Your CIF Number: Mentioned in your SBI Passbook or PPK (Pre-Printed Kit)
Steps for SBI Net Banking Registration Online Using Debit Card (ATM)
- Visit SBI portal https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm
- Now Click the option “New User? Register Here/ Activate“
- Select “New User Registration” option and enter your SBI “Account Number“
- Now you have to fill in your “CIF Number” for getting your branch code (You can find SBI CIF Number in your passbook)
- And now click on “Get Branch Code” and then select “Location” and “Branch Name”
- Enter the generated “Branch Code“
- Choose ‘Country” name
- Then enter your Registered Mobile Number
- Select your Transaction Right in SBI (Full Transaction Right/Limited Transaction Right/View Only)
- Enter the Captcha code and click the “Submit Button”
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) that you will receive on your registered mobile number
- Click “Confirm” after entering One time password
- If you opened your account at the SBI branch then you will get a message on the screen that your net banking registration is already done and then you have to visit your home branch to collect your SBI Net Banking Username and Password. Otherwise you will see the next screen where you will get two options: “I have my ATM Card” and “I do not have my ATM Card”
- Select the option “I have my ATM Card” for SBI Internet banking registration online using SBI ATM Debit Card.
- Now click on “Submit“
- Select your ATM Card and click on “Confirm“
- Now for card validation enter your Card Number, Expiry Date, Card Holder Name, PIN and Captcha Code and click on “Proceed”
- If you have not activated your ATM card yet then firstly complete sbi card activation process
- Your ATM Card validation will be completed successfully and a reference number will be shown on the screen
- Then on the next page, you have to set your SBI Net Banking Username and Password and your registration will be completed.
- At last, a message will pop on the screen stating “Successfully Registered for Internet Banking”
Steps for SBI Internet Banking Login (SBI Internet Banking Sign Up)
- Go to SBI Net banking login portal https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm
- Enter your “User Name“
- Now enter your “Password“
- Enter the captcha image code
- Click on the “Login” button
- You will be login into your SBI Net Banking successfully
- Now set your SBI Profile Password ( It should be different from your Login Password)
- Choose any “Hint Question” and set its answer
- Enter your “D.O.B” and “Birth Place“
- Click on “Submit” button and your Profile Password” will be set
You can register yourself for SBI Net banking in two different ways. First is the Offline method in this method you have to visit your home branch and fill out the form for the state using SBI net banking. And the other method is the online method in which you can register yourself by using the SBI website. For this again you have two options you can do registration by using your ATM or without your ATM. For details read the article carefully.
For activating SBI net banking firstly you have to register yourself for the State Bank of India’s Net Banking and then you can log in to SBI net banking portal using your User Name and Password. For a step-by-step guide read the above article.
Yes, you can activate it from home. For this, you should have your ATM card with you. If you do not have your ATM Debit Card then you can also complete the process of registering with SBI Net Banking. All the steps are explained in detail in the article.
While registering yourself in SBI internet banking you can create your username and password. Also, you can also reset your net banking password anytime by using Forgot Password option given on the login screen of the SBI net banking portal. If you have forgotten your Username then you should have your registered mobile number with you to retrieve it.
If you want to transfer money in SBI but do not want to use net baking then you can use SBI mobile banking app Yono SBI. All you need to do is complete sbi yono registration process, add beneficiaries, and can send money in SBI Yono in easy simple steps.
If you want to apply for SBI ATM Debit Card but do not want to use the SBI Net Banking option then the other way is to apply ATM using SBI Yono App. This is SBI’s official Mobile app and after login into the app just go to the “Cards” section and you can apply for the New ATM Card in SBI without using Net Banking. The other option is by visiting SBI’s home branch. You can go to your home branch and can fill out the application form to apply for new ATM Card.
We hope this guide helped you to understand the steps to register for SBI Net Banking online. For any further help, you can call SBI toll-free number 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800, or 080-26599990. or you can comment to us below.