If you are seeking the process of SBI bank account opening with zero balance then this article is for you. In our previous article we explained How to unblock sbi debit card and now in this article, we will tell you the full step by step guide to YONO SBI account open without branch visit with zero balance.
- 1 Steps For SBI Account Opening using YONO SBI
- 2 Step 1: Requirements/Documents for SBI Bank Online Account Opening
- 3 Step 2: Steps To Follow For Online Bank Account Opening With Zero Balance in SBI
- 4 Step 3: Complete Video KYC For SBI Zero Balance Account Opening Online
- 5 How to Find SBI Account Number and CIF Number After SBI New Account Opening Online?
- 6 How to Login to SBI Net Banking First Time After State Bank of India Online Account Opening?
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Final Words
Steps For SBI Account Opening using YONO SBI
The process of YONO SBI digital account opening completes in total three steps
- Step 1: Check the Requirements/Document to open SBI account
- Step 2: Follow the steps for SBI Zero Account Open Online
- Step 3: Complete Video KYC to open new account in sbi
Step 1: Requirements/Documents for SBI Bank Online Account Opening
- A Mobile Number which you want to linked with your SBI bank account (Note: This number should not be linked to any other account in State Bank of India)
- Mobile number which is linked with your Aadhaar Card: To verify your identity
- An email ID : which you want to link with your SBI account
- Your PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Nominee’s Details: Name of Nominee, D.O.B, Address
Step 2: Steps To Follow For Online Bank Account Opening With Zero Balance in SBI
- Download the SBI Yono SBI App on your phone
- Now select the SIM that you want to register in SBI
- On the next screen, click the “Proceed” button to open the new account
- Now on the next page, you will find two options: Open Savings Account and Home Loan
- Choose “Open Savings Account” option
- Then under the “Open a Digital Savings Account” option choose the “Without Branch Visit” option
- On the next screen you will get two different options of Savings account and their details. These accounts are:
- Insta Plus Savings Account: Full KYC Account, Verification through Video Call, No limit on balance/transaction
- Insta Savings Account: Limited KYC with maximum balance up to Rs 1 lakh, Aggregate credit during a year in the account not to exceed Rs 2 lakh
- Choose Insta Plus Savings Account option for maximum benefits
- Now click “Start a New Application” to start the process
- If your process was interrupted in the previous attempt you can choose “Resume Application” option to restart the process again
- Then on the next screen “Video KYC Product Information” will be shown.
- Read the full information carefully by clicking the “Know More” option and then click on the “Next” button
- Now enter the mobile number to get the OTP (this number will be registered with your SBI bank account too)
- Then enter the email ID which you want to link with your SBI Bank Account (this option is optional)
- Note: This email ID will be used to get SBI Statement online in the future so fill your active email id only
- Now 2 different OTP will be sent to your provided registered mobile number and email ID
- Enter the OTPs and click on the “Submit” button
- On the next screen, you have to create your 8-digit SBI application password that must include a combination of Upper case letters, lower case letters, Digits, and Special characters.
- Now click on “Security Question” to set a security question that can be used to reset your SBI application password if you forgot your password
- After choosing the security question set the answer to your security question
- Now a message will pop up stating to complete the process within 15 days otherwise the data entered will be lost
- Now give your consent for FATCA/CRS declaration
- Then agree for sharing personal details with SBI like Aadhaar and PAN details
- On the next screen enter your 16 digit Aadhaar card number or VID Number
- After entering your Aadhaar Number click on “Get OTP“
- Then you will get an OTP on the mobile number which is linked with your Aadhaar
- Enter the OTP and click on “Submit”
- Now your personal details like your Name, Gender, and D.O.B (as per your Aadhaar) will be shown on the screen
- After confirming your details click on “Next“
- Now select your “State“, “Sub-District” and “Village/Town“
- After this, you have to enter your PAN Number
- On the next screen, you will see your “Aadhaar Photo“
- Then you have to provide some Additional Details like Educational Details, Marital Status, Maiden Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, etc
- Now select your Annual Income, Occupation, and Religion from the given list of options
- Then provide the Nominee Details. For this you have two options either you can scan the Aadhaar card of the Nominee or can enter the details manually like the Nominee’s Name, Relationship, Date of Birth, Address etc
- Next, you have to select your Home Branch
- Then you need to read and agree for the Terms & Conditions
- Then again you will get and OTP on your mobile number
- Now enter the OTP and click on the “Next” button
- On the next screen enter the name which you want to be printed on your personalized SBI ATM Debit Card which will be sent to you at your registered address
- At last, you will get a Token Number for your Insta Savings Account/Insta Plus Savings Account which you have to note down. This will be used for identification at the time of the video KYC verification process
- Now you will be redirected to a third-party website for booking a slot for video KYC in SBI
- Select the Date & 30 minutes Time Slot and schedule your Video Call for SBI KYC
- You will get a notification within your selected time slot to join the video call
- After completing the video KYC of State Bank of India the process of opening an online bank account in SBI will be completed
- How To Unblock SBI ATM Debit Card Online & Offline?
- How to Add Beneficiary in SBI YONO & YONO Lite App? | How to Transfer Money from SBI Yono App?
- How to do SBI Net Banking Registration & Login Without Going to Bank With/Without ATM Card Online?
- How to Reset YONO SBI/LITE Forgot Username & Password?
- How To Reset Forgot Profile Password in Yono SBI & Yono Lite SBI?
Step 3: Complete Video KYC For SBI Zero Balance Account Opening Online
Requirements for Video KYC of SBI Yono Account Opening
- Good and Stable Internet Connection
- Quiet place with no voice environment
- The phone Camera and Microphone should be in working condition
- Original Aadhaar and PAN card
- Service Certificate: If you work in defense (Offer letter, if newly joined)
- Copy of ID and Salary Slip: For all other cases
Steps For SBI Video KYC For SBI Online Zero Balance Account
- After receiving the notification you have to join the video call for SBI video KYC
- Firstly we will be asked to read the 4-digit verification code shown on your screen
- Then some of your details will be asked like your Name, D.O.B, Registered mobile number, etc
- Now you have to show your PAN Card and a bank official will capture the photograph of your PAN
- Then your photograph will be captured
- You video KYC will be completed
- Now you will shortly receive a message stating your masked SBI account number
- Also, you will get an another message in which you will get your Temporary User Name for using Net Banking
How to Find SBI Account Number and CIF Number After SBI New Account Opening Online?
- After completing KYC you will get an sms in which you will get your temporary Username
- Now you have to open the Yono SBI app and follow the same steps of Open Savings Account > Without Branch Visit > Insta Plus Savings Account
- Now choose “Resume Application” option
- Enter your registered mobile number and SBI application password which you set at the time of opening online account
- On the next screen you will get the details of your SBI account like Account Number, SCIF number, Branch code and instructions to use SBI Net Banking
How to Login to SBI Net Banking First Time After State Bank of India Online Account Opening?
- Open the Yono SBI App
- Choose “Existing Customer” option
- Now tap on “Login using Internet Banking ID” option
- Now tap on “Yes” for the question “Do you have internet banking ID“
- Now enter the provided temporary User ID and the application password
- Now click “Submit” and you will be successfully logged into your SBI Net Banking Account
Yes, For a zero balance account opening online in SBI you must have PAN Card in original with you it is a must complete the video KYC in SBI. Also, an image of the PAN is captured during the video KYC by the bank officials. So, it is mandatory to have PAN Card with you
Yes, you will get a Basic Rupay ATM/Debit card after opening a zero balance account in SBI. This Debit card will be dispatched to your registered address and you will get it within 15 days after opening the new bank account in SBI. After receiving your ATM card you have to complete sbi card pin change/ generate process online/offline.
After opening an online account in SBI you will get your temporary User ID by SMS and for the password, you have to enter the Application Password which you set at the time of opening an online account. By using your temporary username and application password you can easily log in to your SBI Net banking account after opening the SBI new account online.
We hope this article helped you with the State Bank of India account opening online using the YONO SBI app. In this simple way, you can open an account in SBI online. If in the future you want to change or update any KYC document in the state bank then you can simply do it by SBI Yono KYC Update. If you face any difficulty you can contact the customer care toll-free number of SBI YONO 1800 11 1101 also you can comment below for any further queries.