If you are a Canara Bank customer and forgot your Canara bank transaction password and seeking how to retrieve your forgot transaction password Canara bank then this article is for you. In our previous article related to Canara Bank, we discussed how to check Canara bank debit card tracking status online and how to get a Canara bank e passbook online. And now in this article, we are discussing how to generate the transaction password for Canara bank.
In this article, you will get all the step-by-step methods to set the Canara bank net banking transaction password. But before starting the procedure to reset the transaction password of Canara bank, understand what is transaction password in Canara Bank, Check the requirements of activating the transaction password Canara bank, and the format of the transaction password for avoiding any mistakes during the resetting of the transaction password in Canara.
What is Canara Bank Transaction Password?
To provide an extra layer of security in online fund transfers Canara bank suggests its customer generate the transaction password via using the Net banking method. A transaction password is a second password that is used while you initiate any transaction through net banking. This password confirms the authenticity of the transaction but prevents any type of fraud.
Requirements for Generating Transaction Password in Canara bank
- Canara Bank Net Banking User ID and Password
- Canara Bank ATM/Debit Card details
- Link mobile number to Canara bank account
Canara Bank Transaction Password Example
You should keep some points in your mind before making a transaction password for Canara Bank. Those points are:
- Canara Transaction Password must contain 8-12 characters
- It should contain at least one lower case alphabet(e.g. a, b, c…etc.)
- It should have at least one Upper case alphabet (e.g. A, B, C… etc.)
- Transaction password in Canara Bank must contain at least one numeric character (e.g. 1,2,3…etc.)
- It should contain at least one special character. Allowed characters are: _ @ $ . * % ? # = & + – ( ) !
- It can have 3 successive characters
- It may have 3 repetitions
Some examples of Canara bank Transaction Password– %can@2Raj, Mo56&ni99, 98Pri&&ya
Change/Reset/Unlock Transaction Password in Canara bank Using Net Banking
- Go to Canara Bank Net Banking Login Page
- Enter your Canara Bank User ID and Password of Net Banking
- Please Note: Canara Bank User ID is different the Canara Bank Customer ID
- Then Enter the Captcha Code and choose your preferred language
- Now click on the SIGN IN option
- On the next screen, you will see the dashboard of your Canara Bank Net Banking Account
- On the left-hand side of the screen click on the MY PROFILE option
- Here in the list of options select “Generate/Unlock Transaction Password“
- Now on the next screen, you have to enter your ATM Debit Card details of Canara Bank like ATM Card Number, Expiry Date, ATM PIN, etc.
- If your ATM card has been lost or the expiry date of your ATM card is got over then you can make a Canara bank debit card request online and get your new Debit Card
- Please Note: If you enter your Canara Bank Debit Card details wrong 3 times then the facility of changing or unblocking transaction password will be locked for 24 hours.
- Then after entering these details you have to click on the “Submit “button
- Now you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number in Canara Bank
- If your mobile number is not linked with your bank account then firstly complete the process of Canara bank mobile number registration
- Enter the OTP password twice and click on the “Submit” button
- On the next screen, you have to create your new transaction password, re-enter the newly created transaction password and click on the “Submit” button
- At last your transaction password Canara bank account will be set and you will get a confirmation message on your screen stating “Your request has been completed successfully and your transaction password has been successfully set“
No, there is no such option available in Canara bank by which you can reset your Canara Transaction password without using your ATM Debit card details.
If you have forgotten your existing transaction password of Canara Bank then you can not retrieve it. All you can do is to re-generate it using the Net Banking option. For recreating transaction password in Canara bank you should have your debit card details handy.
Other Canara Bank Related Articles
- How to Open Fixed Deposit in Canara Bank?
- How to Deposit Cash in Canara Bank Account?
- How to Download Canara Bank e PassBook Application? 
- How to Activate/Register Canara Bank Net Banking?
- How to Generate/Unblock/Activate Canara Bank Transaction Password?
We hope this guide helped you in resetting your forgotten or locked transaction password in Canara bank. For any kind of further help search www.thefinancialblaze.com on google and type your query in the Search box. Also, you can comment below.