Under an important move of the Government of India, it is mandatory to link all the bank accounts with Aadhaar Card. It is a huge step towards stopping forge activities. It promotes the practice of transparent service distribution provided by the government of India as it helps to transfer government benefits directly to the beneficiary’s bank accounts which are linked with the Aadhaar Card. The uniqueness of the Aadhar card assists the government in proper monitoring of bank accounts.
Requirements of Canara Bank Aadhaar Link
Before proceeding with the Canara bank Aadhaar Card link process it is must know about the required documents and details and these are
- Your Aadhaar Card Number
- Your Canara Bank Passbook/ Canara Bank e Passbook: To know about your account details
- Registered Mobile Number with Canara Bank
There are few different methods of linking Aadhaar Card with Canara Bank Account. Any of the methods can be chosen according to convenience.
- By using Internet Banking
- By using Canara Bank’s Mobile App – CANDI
- By visiting Home Branch
- By using ATM
Steps to Linking Aadhaar Number to Canara Bank Account Online Using Internet Banking
- Firstly, you have to visit Canara Bank official website
- Then you have to log in using User ID and password (If you have not registered yourself then firstly you have to register Canara Internet Banking Services)
- After logged into your account you have to find the “Services” option and click on “Others“
- You will get a subcategory “Update Aadhaar Number“
- You will be redirected to a page on which you have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and choose the account number which you want to link.
- In the next step, you have to agree with the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on the “Update” button.
- Then you need to verify your details by clicking the “OK” button.
- After clicking on it you will receive a message on your screen saying your request for Aadhar seeding has been accepted which further will be proceeded and validated by UIDAI.
- After completing this you will receive a message on your registered mobile number for confirming the linking of your Aadhaar card with your bank account.
How to Link Canara Bank Account With Aadhar By Using Canara Bank’s Mobile App – CANDI?
- Firstly, log into your Canara Bank Mobile App- CANDI
- Then click on “View Your Balance“
- Then under the “Quick links” click on the “More Menu” option
- After clicking on it you will find the “Services” option
- Then in this, you will find “Update Aadhar Number“. You have to click on the option to link your Aadhar with your Canara Bank Account
- Then click on the “A/C Number” in which you want to link your Aadhaar
- Now enter 12 digit Aadhaar Number
- After entering your Aadhaar Card Number you have to enter your 6 digit Canara Bank MPIN
- At last your request to link Aadhaar with Canara Bank will be accepted successfully and a reference number will be shown on the screen.
- Within 2-3 working days your Aadhaar will be linked with your Canara Bank Account
Steps To Canara Bank Aadhar Card Link By Visiting Canara Bank’s Home Branch
In some areas, people can not access the internet. For them visiting a bank is the easiest option for Canara bank Aadhaar seeding. Also in the case of senior citizens and physically challenged persons (especially-abled), this method is more convenient than other available options.
- Firstly, you have to visit the home branch of Canara Bank
- Take a self-attested copy of Aadhaar Card with you
- Ask for the Aadhaar Seeding form from the bank officials
- Fill the required details carefully
- Now duly filled Aadhaar Seeding form with self-attested Aadhar copy are needed to be submitted to the Canara Bank executive
- In next step bank officials will verify your details with the help of your original Aadhaar
- After accepting your application by bank officials it may take a few days to link your Canara bank account with Aadhaar.
Steps For Canara bank Aadhar Link By Visiting Canara Bank’s ATM
To link Aadhaar to Canara bank account by ATM is also another option. But you must keep in your mind that to link Aadhaar to Canara bank account you only have to visit Canara bank ATM. And then you have to follow these listed steps carefully.
- Firstly, Swipe/Insert your Canara Bank Debit Card/ATM Card in the ATM
- Then you have to select your preferred language
- After this you have to enter your ATM PIN
- Then go to “Main Menu” on “Fast Cash Menu” option
- Under which you will get “Other Services” on “Transaction”
- After that you have to click on “More” on “Services” option
- Then select “Aadhaar Number Registration”
- Now you must enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Card number
- After that you have to click on “Correct” option
- In the next step again you have to re-enter your Aadhaar number and Click on the “Correct“
- In the next step you have to select Type (Savings or Current) of your bank account
- At last you will get a confirmation message “REGISTRATION IS SUCCESSFUL AND IS SUBJECT TO AADHAR VERIFICATION” on your registered mobile number
How to Check Aadhar Card Link With Canara Bank Account?
Although in most of the cases you will get the notification on your registered mobile number after up-gradation of your Aadhar number but in some cases if you are unable to get the notification you can check the status of your linked Aadhaar number with your bank account by following some basic steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Then visit to ‘Aadhaar service’ category and click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking status’
- In the next step you have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar and after entering the captcha you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Now you have to enter the received OTP and the status of your request will be displayed on the screen.
- This is the complete process and if your Aadhar is linked to your bank account you will get a message on the screen “Congratulations! Your bank Aadhaar mapping is done“
Other Canara Bank Related Articles:
- How to Deposit Cash in Canara Bank Account?
- How to Generate Canara Bank ATM/Debit Card PIN?
- How To Apply Canara Bank New ATM Debit Card Online?
- How to Open Fixed Deposit in Canara Bank?
- How to Change Login Password in Canara Bank Internet Banking?
You can either use Canara Net Banking or Canara Bank Mobile Banking App CANDI to update your Aadhaar with your Canara Bank account. Follow the steps explained in the article to connect your Aadhaar card details online to your bank.
You can link your Aadhaar to your Canara Bank account online as explained in the above article. Aadhaar is a must-have document to be linked with your Canara Bank account as a KYC document as it can be used for both ID Proof and Address Proof.
By using any above-mentioned method you can simply complete Canara Bank account Aadhar card link process. Though it is always suggested to visit your home branch to change and/or update any information for the sake of high-security measures. If you face any difficulty at any step in any method you can call to Canara Bank customer care number 1800 103 0018.