Collecting Cheque Book is no more an uphill task as it used to be. With the invention of technology, we are equipped with numberless tools which assist us in accomplishing different tasks within seconds. Now you do not need to visit your home branch to collect your cheque book.
Firstly let us tell you about the type of checkbooks. There are two types of Cheque books.
Types of Cheque book
- Personalised Cheque book
- Non Personalised Cheque book
Personalised Cheque book
In the Personalized Cheque book, your Name along with your Account Number, Customer ID, Address etc is printed on first page of the cheque book. However, since printing these cheque books takes time at their head office. Now the question is how many days to get cheque book from canara bank? so the answer is it usually takes an estimated five to seven days to get the cheque book which is delivered to the account holder’s address through post. Nominal charges for issuing cheque book is levied by the customer. Only first cheque book which is provided to the customer after opening an account in a bank is get available to the customer at zero cost.
Non personalised Cheque book
This Cheque book can be obtained immediately during the visit to the bank. In this type of cheque book your name is not printed on the cheque book. These types of cheque books are provided immediately after opening a new Canara bank account.
Why cheque book is needed?
Canara Cheque books are important to have for various reasons. It is a convenient tool for people who are not well versed with online fund transfer. It is also the safest offline mode of paying money and enabling them to be prevented from phishing attacks online. Mainly for business transactions Cheques are always preferred.
Ways to Request Cheque book in Canara Bank
There are a few ways to collect cheque book in Canara Bank. Here are some ways mentioned below:
- Cheque Book Request in Canara Bank By using Internet Banking
- Canara Bank Cheque Book Request Online By using Mobile Banking
- How to Apply Cheque Book in Canara Bank By sending SMS
- canara bank cheque book apply By calling Customer Care
- How to apply for cheque book in Canara Bank By using ATM
- how to request for cheque book in Canara bank By visiting Home Branch
Let us discuss these in detail one by one.
how to get cheque book from canara bank by using Internet Banking
By using Internet Banking it is easy to request for Cheque book without any trouble. Only you should register yourself for Internet Banking before availing this service. For placing the request all you need to do is to follow some below mentioned steps
- Go to Canara Bank official website.
- Click on the Net Banking and Login via User ID and Password.
- Then click on the “Request” option available on the top menu bar.
- After that choose the “Cheque Book Request” option from the options available at left side of the screen.
- At next step you have to fill some details like your Account Number, Type of Cheque book (Personalized or Non-Personalized), Number of leaves you need in cheque book, delivery address and finally you have to submit all the details.
- The request will be completed and your cheque book will be delivered within 7 working days at your registered address.
How to get Canara Net Banking forgot User ID?
How to do Canara Bank Net banking registration?
Canara bank cheque book apply online by using Mobile Banking App (CANDI)
Using Canara Bank Mobile Banking for Requesting Cheque Book is as easy as using Internet Banking. Almost every task is possible to accomplish using Canara Bank Mobile App – CANDI. You can simply download it from Play Store or Apple Store. For requesting a new cheque book you can follow these below-mentioned steps. There are two methods to Canara bank cheque book apply online via Mobile Banking.
Method 1: How to get Cheque book from Canara bank using CANDI Mobile App
- Login to Canara Bank Mobile App using your login details.
- Select “Non-Financial Services” option under “SERVICES”
- Under this option you will get the “Cheque Book Request” option.
- And then select the account for which you want to make request for cheque book and then click on “Get Cheque book” option.
- This way the Request for Canara Bank Cheque Book will be completed.
- How To Apply Canara Bank New ATM Debit Card Online?
- How to Activate Canara Bank ATM/Debit card?
- How to Stop Cheque Payment in Canara Bank?
- How to Reactivate Dormant/Inoperative Canara Bank Account?
- How to Check Canara Bank Debit Card Tracking Status?
Method 2: Canara Bank Cheque Book Request Online using CANDI Mobile App
- Login into Canara Bank Mobile App CANDI sing 5 digit Passcode
- Click on “VIEW YOUR BALANCE” under “INTERNET BANKING” section.
- Now go to “Quick links” section and select “More Menu” option.
- Then tap on “Services”.
- You will find the list of services. Now click on “Cheque Book Request”
- After this you have to select Account Number for which you want to apply for cheque book
- Further click on “Continue” and a confirmation page will open.
- After checking details carefully like Account Number, Delivery Address, Number of Cheque Leaves click “Confirm” button.
By using these two different methods available on Canara Bank Mobile App CANDI you can apply for new cheque book in canara bank easily.
How to do Canara bank Internet Banking Password Reset?
Request for Cheque book in Canara Bank by Sending SMS
Canara Bank also provides SMS service to its customer to generate the request for new Canara Bank Cheque book. This method can be opted if you can not access internet. Only thing you need to do is sending SMS in the format given below to the number provided by the Canara Bank.
You have to type “CHQ<space>last four digits of your Canara Bank account number” and send this SMS to 092666 23333
For example, if your account number contains last four digits 4189 then you have to send
“CHQ 4189” to 092666 23333.
By this way you can make canara bank cheque book request by sms easily.
Request for Cheque book in Canara Bank by Calling Customer Care
Requesting Canara Bank Cheque Book using Customer Care Number is also an easy available option. Most people consider this method the most convenient option as only you have to call a number and make a request. You do not need any login details, technology awareness and Internet Access. Here under are some steps which you need to follow while using this way of requesting Canara Bank Cheque Book.
- From your Registered mobile number with Canara Bank Dial 18004250018.
- Follow the instructions and connect with Customer Care Executive.
- Then you have to provide some information to customer care executive like your Name in Canara Bank Account, Account Number, Delivery Address etc.
- After confirming the authenticity of your account they will accept your request for the Canara Bank Cheque Book.
- And within 1-2 weeks you will get your Canara Bank Cheque Book delivered at your provided address.
Request for Cheque book in Canara Bank by using ATM
In order to request Cheque book in Canara Bank via ATM you have to follow few steps mentioned here under.
- Visit any Canara Bank ATM nearby.
- Insert/Swipe your Debit-ATM Card in the machine and enter your four digit PIN.
- Click on “Request” option.
- And then tap on “Cheque Book Request”.
- After accepting the request for Canara Bank Cheque Book you will get a confirmation on your registered mobile number.
Request for Cheque book in Canara Bank by visiting Home Branch
By visiting bank you can also request for the Canara Bank Cheque Book. By following few under-mentioned steps you can easily complete the procedure of requesting Canara Bank Cheque Book.
- Firstly go to your Home Branch of Canara Bank where you maintain your account.
- Request the bank officials for the Canara Bank Cheque book Request Form (You can also download pdf of Canara bank cheque book application form).
- Now fill up the form and provide all necessary details and undersign it.
- Submit the form to the Canara Bank executive.
- After receiving request you will receive your Cheque Book at your home within 1-3 weeks
|How to Submit details in Canara Bank Positive Pay System?
We hope this guide helped you to understand the different ways for requesting Canara Bank Cheque Book. Both the online and offline methods have been discussed in this article. You can opt any method according to you convenience. At any point if you face any difficulty you can simply call the Canara bank Customer Care Number 1800 425 0018 and ask for the guidance. If you still face any difficulty you can use canara bank online complaint portal.