There can be few reasons to Stop Payment of Canara Bank Cheque by the customer.
- If insufficient amount is there in the bank account which is not adequate to pay the bearer.
- If the cheque has been declared misplaced or lost.
- If the cheque bears any written mistake.
Note : It is always advisable to check balance in canara bank account before writing a cheque
Ways to stop Payment of Canara Bank Cheque
There are three main ways to stop Payment of Canara Bank Cheque
- By using Canara Bank Internet Banking
- By calling Customer Care Executive
- By visiting to the Home Branch and giving a written request
By using Canara Bank Internet Banking
Online Banking facilitates the customers with vast variety of services. By using this, number of tasks can be performed while sitting at home like get mini statement of canara bank, request canara cheque book, check canara FASTag balance, link Aadhaar with Canara Bank, activate Canara ATM card etc. Stopping Cheque Payment is among them. This can be done by following the steps mentioned below but Canara Internet Banking Service must be activated for using this facility.
- Login to the official website of the Canara bank.
- Login using your Customer ID and Password
- Click on the “Stop Cheque Payment” option.
- Then select the Bank Account associated to your issued Cheque.
- And enter the required details like Cheque number, Reason for Stopping Payment.
- Finally enter your Transaction Password and you are done.
- How to Generate/Unblock/Activate Canara Bank Transaction Password?
- How to Submit Canara Cheque Details (Positive Pay) Online?
- How to Apply Canara Bank Credit Card?
- How to Change Login Password in Canara Bank Internet Banking?
- How to Open Demat Account in Canara Bank?
By Using Canara Bank Customer Care Helpline Numbers:
Call the Canara Bank Customer Care No. 1800 425 0018 to Stop Payment of the Canara Bank Cheque. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- You should call to customer care to Stop Payment of the Cheque.
- You should provide required details like Account Number, Name, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number, etc to Customer Care Service.
- The Customer Service Executive will help customers to register their request.
By Visiting to the Home Branch:
By visiting your Home Branch the Payment of Cheque can be stopped. Only a written request from the account holder is needed for this. It is a conventional method and a bit time-consuming. You only have to tell some details regarding the issued Cheque to the bank officers which are mentioned below:
- Cheque number.
- The date is mentioned on the Cheque.
- Bearer’s name on the Cheque.
- Amount filled on the Cheque.
- Other details of the Account holder.
As soon as the bank collects the required information it stops the Payment of the Cheque.
Note: This process may levy some charges on the account holder.
Q. What is the validity period of a Cheque?
The validity of a cheque is 3 months from the date of issue. Earlier it was 6 months but now after RBI’s new guidelines, it is 3 months.
Q. What is the validity of the withdrawal slip?
There is no such validity of a withdrawal slip
So, these are three main methods to stop the Payment of the Canara bank Cheque. People who are not well acquainted with technical stuff prefer visiting banks or calling a customer care numbers, while others prefer using the online banking method. If you face any inconvenience you can also lodge complaint in Canara bank.