In our previous article, we discussed How to deregister Yono and Yono LITE SBI registration. Now in this article, we will explain every possible method to Reactivate/ Unblock the SBI ATM card. Firstly we will discuss the reasons for card blocking then the requirements of unblocking the SBI ATM cards and at last, we will discuss six different methods to reactive your Debit Card by online or offline method.
- 1 Reasons To Block SBI ATM Card
- 2 Requirements to Unblock SBI ATM Debit Card
- 3 Method 1: Unblock the SBI Bank ATM card if blocked by Entering the Wrong PIN More Than 3 Times
- 4 Method 2: Unblock Blocked SBI ATM Card if Blocked Due to Expiry Date
- 5 Method 3: How to Unblock SBI ATM Card Through Online if Blocked For Security Reasons?
- 5.1 Steps to Unblock SBI Debit Card Online Using YONO SBI App
- 5.2 Steps to Unblock SBI ATM Card Online Using SBI Yono LITE
- 5.3 Steps To Unblock/Reactivate State Bank ATM Debit Card by Sending SMS
- 5.3.1 Unblock State Bank Debit Card by Sending SMS
- 188.8.131.52 1. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For All Transactions
- 184.108.40.206 2. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For Domestic Uses Only
- 220.127.116.11 3. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For International Uses Only
- 18.104.22.168 4. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For E-Commerce Uses Only
- 5.3.1 Unblock State Bank Debit Card by Sending SMS
- 6 Method 4: How to Unblock SBI Blocked ATM Card by Calling Customer Care?
- 7 Method 5: How To Unblock Hotlisted SBI Debit Card?
- 8 Method 6: How To Unblock ATM for SBI if Blocked Due to Pending KYC?
- 9 FAQs
- 10 Final Words
Reasons To Block SBI ATM Card
- Entering the wrong PIN more than 3 times
- Due to completion of Expiry Date
- You yourself blocked your card temporarily/permanent because of security reasons
- Your card is blocked by your bank Due to pending KYC in SBI or any other reason
Requirements to Unblock SBI ATM Debit Card
- Your SBI registered mobile number (to call customer care or receive OTP)
- SBI Yono / SBI Yono LITE app (if you are using a mobile banking method to unblock your card)
- Your blocked SBI ATM Debit Card details (Like Debit card number)
- Your D.O.B
- SBI Account Number
- Aadhaar Card, PAN card (If you visit a branch to unblock of SBI ATM card)
Method 1: Unblock the SBI Bank ATM card if blocked by Entering the Wrong PIN More Than 3 Times
If your Debit Card in SBI got blocked because of entering the wrong PIN more than 3 times then in this case your card will be unblocked automatically after 24 hours. But if you need to use your card urgently then you can call the SBI Customer Care number and after providing some details for the verification purpose you can make your card unblocked immediately. If you have forgotten your SBI PIN then you can simply follow sbi card new pin generation steps and make a new PIN for your ATM card.
Method 2: Unblock Blocked SBI ATM Card if Blocked Due to Expiry Date
If your SBI ATM Debit Card has been blocked because of the completed date of expiry then in that case you need to request SBI bank for a new card. In most banks before the expiry of your ATM Debit Card, you will get an SMS on your registered mobile number that your card is going to be expired soon and the bank will send a new SBI Debit Card to your registered address.
So, if you want to change your registered address then you need to visit your base branch or can update your address via online modes.
But, if you have not received any text message from the bank and your SBI ATM card is blocked now due to the completed expiry date then you yourself need to apply for a new SBI card. For this, you can either go to your SBI home branch or apply for your ATM card online using SBI Net Banking or the Yono SBI atm card apply method.
- How to Update KYC in SBI Yono App? | Update KYC in SBI Online | SBI KYC Form
- How to do SBI Net Banking Registration & Login Without Going to Bank With/Without ATM Card Online?
- How to Add Beneficiary in SBI YONO & YONO Lite App? | How to Transfer Money from SBI Yono App?
- How To Block SBI ATM Debit Card Block/Hotlist Online/Offline?
- How To Get SBI Mini Statement Online?
Method 3: How to Unblock SBI ATM Card Through Online if Blocked For Security Reasons?
If you blocked your card yourself temporarily using SBI Net Banking or Mobile Banking then you can simply unblock your ATM Card of SBI using the SBI Mobile Banking App, SBI Yono, or Yono SBI LITE app. All you need to do is follow the few simple steps given below.
Steps to Unblock SBI Debit Card Online Using YONO SBI App
- Open SBI Yono App on your mobile
- On the home page go to the “Quick Links” section
- Now tap on “Service Request”
- On the next screen under the “Emergency” section tap on “Block ATM/ Debit Card” option
- Then enter your SBI Internet Banking Profile Password
- Then click on “Activate Card“
- On the next screen, you have to enter your SBI Account number
- Now enter the ATM Debit Card Number which you want to activate
- Then enter the OTP that you received on mobile number link with SBI
- Now click on “Submit”
- Your card will be activated and a message will be displayed on your mobile screen for confirmation
Steps to Unblock SBI ATM Card Online Using SBI Yono LITE
- Download and complete the Yono LITE SBI registration process
- Now login into the app using SBI Yono Username and Password
- Then on the home page click on the “Manage Cards” option
- Now select “Manage Debit Card”
- In the next step “Select Debit Account” (Account number which is linked with the ATM Card)
- Then select the “Select the Debit Card”
- Now “On” the services which are blocked (OFF) like Domestic Uses, International Uses, ATM Txns, Merchant (POS) Txns, e-Commerce (CNP) Txns.
- Now set the limit for the transactions for example ATM limit, POS limit, etc
- Enter the OTP sent on your registered mobile number in SBI
- Then tap on the “Submit” button
- The method to unblock the SBI Debit card for the online transactions will be successfully completed
Steps To Unblock/Reactivate State Bank ATM Debit Card by Sending SMS
If you blocked or limited uses of your SBI ATM Card by Sending SMS or using the YONO App and now you want to unblock or ON the services you made OFF or limited then you can do this by sending SMS from your registered mobile number. Follow the listed formats to make your ATM activated again
Unblock State Bank Debit Card by Sending SMS
If you have misplaced your card or for any other reason and blocked it temporarily and now want to unblock it then follow these formats to unblock it
1. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For All Transactions
send SWON ATM<space>Last Four Digit of Your ATM Card to 9223966666
2. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For Domestic Uses Only
Send SWON DOM<space>Last Four Digits of Your ATM Card to 9223966666
3. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For International Uses Only
Send SWON INTL<space>Last Four Digit of Your ATM Card to 9223966666
4. Unblock SBI Debit Card if Temporary Blocked For E-Commerce Uses Only
Send SWON ECOM<space>Last Four Digit of Your ATM Card to 9223966666
Method 4: How to Unblock SBI Blocked ATM Card by Calling Customer Care?
In this method, you can unblock or reactivate your temporarily blocked SBI ATM Card. For this call, the customer care toll-free number 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800 of State Bank of India and request the customer care executive to unblock your ATM Card. The customer care executive will ask for some information like your Name, Account Number, etc. And after confirming your authenticity the process of unblocking your ATM Card will be initiated.
Method 5: How To Unblock Hotlisted SBI Debit Card?
If you blocked your card due to lost/ misplaced or in stolen condition then in those cases, you have to apply for a new ATM Card. For Applying for a new card there are two methods. First is Online Method in which you can apply ATM using Yono SBI or SBI Net Baking option. The second method is Offline Method in this you have to visit a branch and follow some steps which are given below for requesting to issue a new ATM Debit Card
Steps to Unblock ATM Card in SBI by Visiting Home Branch
- Visit your SBI Home Branch
- Write the application in the name of a bank manager and request to unblock your card
- Mention all the necessary details like your Name, Account Number, D.O.B, etc in the letter
- Sign the application at last and handover to the bank executive
- Attach the self-attested ID Proof (Like Aadhaar Card, PAN ) if asked for
- After verifying the details bank will issue a new card to you
- If you want your card immediately you can get it in the branch at the same time after applying for a new ATM
- But if you want your personalized ATM Card (Your Name written on the card) then the bank will send it to your registered address which you will get within 7-10 working days
Method 6: How To Unblock ATM for SBI if Blocked Due to Pending KYC?
If your KYC is pending in your SBI account then it may be a reason that your ATM Debit Card has been blocked by your SBI home branch. In that case, you can complete your KYC in your bank by submitting all required KYC documents. You have two options either you can do SBI KYC update online or can visit your home branch with your IDs and Address Proof (like Aadhaar Card, PAN, etc).
You can unblock your card online if it was blocked temporarily. In that case, you can contact customer care of SBI or use mobile banking, or can visit your home branch to make it active again. But if you blocked your card permanently due to a lost or stolen card then you have to apply for the new SBI ATM Debit Card.
For unblocking the SBI Debit card using Yono App firstly you must download the SBI Yono or SBI Yono LITE app on your phone and then go to the Manage Cards section and activate your card. For step-by-step details read the article carefully.
By using your SBI Mobile App Yono use can unblock it easily. Just go to Manage Cards and choose the Activate Card option. Also, you can take the help of a customer care executive by dialing SBI customer care number 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800.
There is no such option to unblock the SBI ATM card by SMS due to security reasons.
You can do SBI passbook online download without login into your Net Banking. For this either you can download the e statement SBI using SBI official website or can download it using Yono Mobile App.
We hope this guide helped you in unblocking your State Bank of India Debit Card online and/or offline. If you need further help you can comment down or call the customer care number of State Bank of India 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800