If you want to update KYC in your SBI bank account Online Via SBI Yono or Net banking option then this guide is for you. In this article, you will find a complete procedure to update your documents under KYC in the State Bank of India.
Recently SBI has made an announcement on twitter to provide some ease in the process of KYC update in SBI bank account. According to SBI, if your KYC is pending you can send your KYC documents (self attested) by Post or can send by email to your respective branch. For knowing the complete procedure to send the KYC documents in SBI via email read the full post carefully.
Documents Required For KYC in SBI
Here is the list of documents required for updating KYC in the State Bank of India (SBI). These documents can be used as Proof of Identity and/or Address. The documents required for KYC in SBI vary from person to person. It depends that in which category you fall. Documents requirement of KYC in SBI Bank is categorized into three different groups
KYC Documents Required in SBI for Individuals
- Aadhaar Letter/Card
- PAN Card
- Voter’s Identity Card
- NREGA Card
- Driving License
Anyone document from the above-given documents list can be used for Proof of Identity and Proof of Address.
List of Documents Required for KYC Update in SBI Bank Account for Minors
If a minor is above the age of 10 and operating his/her account himself/herself then the documents requirements for minors will be the same as for individuals mentioned above.
Whereas, if an account is not being operated by a minor as a minor is below the age of 10, the KYC documents of the person who is operating the account on behalf of a minor, are needed for the State Bank of India KYC Upgradation process.
Documents Required For KYC in SBI for NRIs
An NRI has to submit a Passport along with Residence Visas copy. The copies of the Residence Visa must be attested by the Indian Embassy, Foreign Offices, Notary, or Any bank officer of correspondent banks whose signature is verifiable via an authorized SBI branch.
Methods for SBI Online KYC
There are four main methods to complete the KYC in the State Bank of India.
Method 1: Update KYC in SBI Yono App
Method 2: SBI Online KYC through Net Banking: Complete SBI net banking registration process to use this method
Method 3: KYC Update in SBI via Sending Email
Method 4: Update KYC in State Bank of India by SBI KYC Form
Method 5: SBI KYC Update through sending documents by Post
How to Update KYC in SBI Yono App?
Among all the documents list you can only update your PAN card in the Yono SBI app. For other documents under KYC update in the SBI bank account, you have to visit your SBI home branch or can send the documents (self-attested) via post/ email.
Follow the simple guide to link your PAN with your account through SBI Yono Application.
Steps to Update KYC in SBI Yono App
- Login into app using Yono Login Username and Password or MPIN.
- Now in the “Quick Links” tap on “Service Request” option.
- Now click on “Profile” section.
- Now click on “PAN Linkage” option and click on edit (🖍) option to update your PAN.
How to Do SBI Online KYC through Net Banking?
Through SBI net banking you can update only your PAN number for SBI KYC. For updating other documents of KYC you can opt other methods like visiting the base branch, Sending by post or email.
Steps to Update PAN in SBI Online KYC via Net Banking
- Visit official SBI website.
- Now select Personal banking and click on “Login”
- Then Login into your account using User name and Password.
- Now click on “e-Services” option present at the top menu.
- Here choose the option “PAN Registration”
- Then you have to enter your “SBI Profile Password“
- On the next page your under the “PAN Registered” option click on “Click here to Register”
- Now you have to enter the number of your PAN and Submit it.
- Now check the details and click on “Confirm” button
- Enter “High Security Password” (OTP) sent on your SBI registered mobile number.
- You PAN will be updated to your SBI account successfully.
How To Do KYC Update in SBI via Sending Email?
You can complete your KYC in SBI by sending an email to your respective bank branch. Follow the steps to complete the process of KYC in SBI by sending an email.
Steps for KYC Update in SBI Through Email
Step 1: Collect all the aforementioned KYC documents in the list.
Step 2: Scan all the documents properly.
Step 3: Go to compose mail section in your mail account which is linked to your bank account and write the email in detail.
Step 4: Attach all the documents with the email.
Step 5: Find mailing/postal address of your SBI branch and send the email to your branch.
Format of Application Letter/ Email for KYC Update in SBI Bank
You can write an email in the name of a bank manager and request him/her for updating KYC details in your SBI bank account. You can watch the video to know the format of the application letter for updating KYC details in your SBI.
Note: This email must be sent by your registered email address only.
How to Update Email ID in SBI Bank Account?
If you do not have a registered email ID with your bank account or you want to change your old email address you can follow the step-by-step guide to link your email address with your SBI bank account. by net baking and mobile banking.
Steps to Link Email Address with Bank Account Through SBI Yono
- Register and Login into SBI Yono app using your SBI Yono Username and Password or you can login via MPIN.
- Now scroll down and go to “Quick Links” and click on “Service Request”.
- Now click on “Profile” icon
- Under “Contact Details” option click on edit (🖍) option present at right side of “Email ID” row.
- Your email ID will be linked in your SBI bank account.
- How To Get SBI Mini Statement Online?
- How to Reset YONO SBI/LITE Forgot Username & Password?
- How to Apply New ATM Debit Card Online in Yono SBI? | SBI ATM Card Application Form Online
- How To Do SBI Online Account Opening Zero Balance Using Yono App?
- How to Add Beneficiary in SBI YONO & YONO Lite App? | How to Transfer Money from SBI Yono App?
Steps to Link Email Address with SBI Bank Account Through Net Banking
- Go to SBI official website.
- Login into Personal Banking section using Username and Password.
- Click on “My Account and Profile” option.
- Find the option “Profile” and click on it.
- Now select “Update Email ID” option.
- Enter your “Profile Password” and click on “Submit”
- On the next page enter “High Security Password” which is nothing but an OTP sent on your registered mobile number.
- Then enter your Email ID and submit it
- Now you have to choose “Approval Type” either “Email Approval” or “Bank Approval”.
- For self and immediate process you can choose “Email Approval”.
- Now enter the high security transaction password received you on your email id.
- Your email will be updated/linked with your SBI account successfully.
Other Methods to Update KYC in SBI Bank Account
If you do not have internet access or you are not technically sound you can visit your SBI home branch with all KYC attested documents and can complete the procedure of KYC in SBI.
Steps to Update KYC in State Bank of India by SBI KYC Form
- Visit to your home branch of SBI with all the required documents mentioned above.
- Now ask for SBI KYC form from bank officials.
- Fill all the details carefully with the help of the documents you all going to submit in bank.
- Attach dully filled SBI KYC Update form with all other KYC documents.
- Submit all the documents to bank officials.
- After 1-2 working days your email id will be updated in your account.
Download SBI KYC Form Online
You can also download a PDF of SBI KYC form online by clicking the download button given below.
SBI KYC Update Through Sending Documents to Bank Branch by Post
- Gather all the required documents for KYC in SBI listed above.
- Print the photo copies of the documents.
- Do self attest all the documents by signing the documents, mention current date and writing purpose of self attestation.
- Write an application letter for Updating KYC in SBI as per format given above.
- Attach all the documents with Application letter.
- Put them in an envelope and write the address of your branch where you maintain your SBI bank account.
- Post the envelope (you can also send it by courier or speed post).
Frequently Asked Questions
By using SBI Yono app and SBI Net banking you can complete your KYC online in SBI. Read the full step-by-step guide to complete your KYC online in SBI.
You have currently five options to complete your KYC in SBI
By using Net Banking, Mobile App Yono, Sending Emails, Visiting home branch, and sending documents by post. Read all the methods in detail in the article.
You can either go to the bank branch and confirm the status of your KYC in your bank account or you can check that your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account or not by visiting the UIDAI website. Also if your KYC is pending you will be get informed by the bank through SMS, Net Banking, Email, etc.
Usually, if your KYC is pending in SBI then the bank will freeze your account. But currently due to Covid SBI has opened an online channel to complete your pending KYC by email and post till May 31, 2021.
By giving a missed call to 09223766666 from your registered mobile number you can get your balance on your mobile by SMS. Also, you can send SMS ‘BAL’ to 09223766666 to know the balance of your SBI bank account.
For the mini statement of SBI send SMS ‘MSTMT’ to 09223866666 and you will get the last 5 transaction details on your phone. Also, you can download the SBI passbook online using Mobile Banking or Net Banking option. In this, you can get detail of all the transactions of your account in PDF form.
We hope in this guide you found all the details regarding KYC Update in SBI. If you still have any doubt you can comment us below. If you face any difficulty in any of the processes you can call SBI customer care toll free number 1800 11 2211, 1800 425 3800.
Other Banking-Related Posts
- How to Check & Download IOB Statement Without Net Banking Login?
- How to Log in to Canara Bank Internet Banking?
- How to Stop Cheque Payment in Canara Bank?
- How to De-register BOB World / BOB M-Connect Plus App?
- How to Open Canara Bank Saving Account Online?
- How to Deregister Yono SBI App Online?
- How to Get Axis Credit Card Statement Download Online?