If you are a Bank of India customer and seeking a method to complete your pending e KYC in BOI online then this article is for you.
Recently Bank of India announced by a tweet on Twitter that now customers can complete their pending KYC by using the newly introduced Online methods.
In our previous articles, we discussed, how to submit cheque details under the Positive Pay System Bank of India and how to download BOI bank statement online. And now in this article, you will find two different methods to complete KYC in BOI online in detail. Also, if you are not able to complete/update your BOI e KYC then also you can find the steps to complete it using an offline method.
Let’s first see the requirements to complete the KYC in the Bank of India. And then we will discuss the Bank of India KYC norms and how to update the pending KYC of your bank account online and offline.
- 1 Documents requirements for Completing BOI KYC Online/Offline
- 2 Methods of Bank of India (BOI) Online KYC
- 3 Method 1: Bank of India KYC link Online Through Email
- 4 Method 2: How to Complete BOI KYC Update by Sending Documents through Post/Courier?
- 5 Other Method for Bank of India KYC Update
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Final Words
Documents requirements for Completing BOI KYC Online/Offline
- Driving License
- Voters’ ID Card
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- NAREGA Job Card (duly signed by an officer of the state government)
Methods of Bank of India (BOI) Online KYC
- Method 1: BOI online KYC update by email
- Method 2: Bank of India KYC documents submitted by post
In the online method of completing KYC in Bank of India, you have to send an email to your home branch with all the necessary documents needed for full KYC. Follow the listed steps to complete the procedure accurately
Steps to Complete Bank of India KYC Online
- Step 1: Link email ID with Bank of India account
- Step 2: Gather All the important documents
- Step 3: Find the email ID of your BOI home branch
- Step 4: Write and Send the email
How to do Bank of India KYC Online by Email?
- Step 1: Link/Update email ID in your Bank of India account
Login into BOI Net banking using your Customer ID, Password and Captcha Code
Now click on “Options” present on the top nav menu bar
Then on the left side click on the “My Profile” option
Next, click on “Update Email Address“
Now enter your “New Email Address” and click on “Continue“
Then you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
Enter the OTP and click on “Continue”
At the next step, you have to Enter your Transaction Password
At last, you will get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number and your email ID will be updated in your account within 24 hours.
Note: You can not make another request of changing Mobile Number/Email/Address within 7 days of the last upgradation
- Step 2: Gather Documents, Required for Online KYC in BOI
BOI KYC documents that you have to submit include one ID Proof, one Address Proof and one Photograph in terms of completing the Full KYC. Check the above list of Documents that can be used for ID Proof as well as Address Proof except for PAN Card which can be used for ID proof only.
- Step 3: Find the email ID of your BOI home branch
Firstly go to the Bank of India Branch Locator Portal
Then enter the Branch Name and IFSC Code of the branch (You can find them in your passbook)
>>If you don’t find it in your passbook, leave these options blank, and later you can choose your branch from the list of branches that will be appeared on the screen
Then choose your State and City Name from the list and click on “Submit“
Now your branch details, including Brach Address, Contact Number, and Email ID, will be appeared on the screen
Note down the email ID of your BOI home branch for sending the email for KYC completion
>>If you do not get the email address of your branch, you can contact the branch by calling on the contact number and getting the email ID of the branch
- Step 4: Write and send the email for the Bank of India online KYC updating
Take a print copy of all the required documents from the aforementioned list
Now self attest all the documents by signing on them
Then scan all the documents properly
At the next step go to the compose mail section of your email ID
Write the email to the bank manager and request KYC completion
Attach all the scanned documents with the email
And send the email to the email address you got from Step 3
Your KYC will be completed by the Bank of India within a few working days
Format of Application Letter/Email for KYC Update in Bank of India
You can write the email or application letter to the bank manager of the Bank of India to update/complete your full KYC. You can watch this video to know the format of email/application letter in the English language
- How to Update KYC Online in Bank of India?
- How to Submit Bank of India Cheque Details (Positive Pay) Online
- How To Download Bank of India Account Statement Online?
Method 2: How to Complete BOI KYC Update by Sending Documents through Post/Courier?
- Collect all the necessary documents listed above
- Take printed copy of them and make self-attested
- Take an envelope and put all the documents along with the application letter of KYC update (in the format as explained above in Step 4)
- Write the address of your home branch on the envelope (find the address as explained above in Step 3)
- Now sent it by post/courier
- You KYC will be completed within 7 working days after delivering it.
Other Method for Bank of India KYC Update
In the other method of BOI account KYC update, you can directly visit your Bank of India home branch and complete your pending KYC. All you have to do is follow the steps listed below and complete KYC in BOI by offline mode.
Steps for Updating BOI bank KYC offline (Through brach visit)
- Visit you home branch of BOI
- Take one photograph, one photo ID and one Address proof (original as well as photocopies) along with you
- Ask the bank officials for BOI KYC Form
- You can also do BOI KYC form download online (BOI e KYC form)
- Fill all the necessary details in the KYC form of BOI like your Name, Account Number, Customer ID, Mobile Number, Email ID etc
- Now paste your recent photograph on the form
- Attach the self attested copies of the supportive documents
- Now hand over the form with the documents’ copies to the bank officials
- Your KYC/ReKYC will be completed within 7 working days.
KYC stands for “Know Your Customer“. This is the method to validate the authenticity of the customer to prevent money laundering. In this method, banks collect the Identity Proof, Address Proof, Signature, Contact details and Photographs of the customers. Only after completing your Full KYC ( Submitting all the required documents properly), you can avail of the full services of the bank/financial institutions.
After intimating by the bank to complete your pending KYC, if the full KYC is not done then firstly your account will become inoperative ( partially inactive) and later will be closed permanently if not any step is taken in the direction of pending KYC.
BOI recently opened a new door for completing KYC online, for their customers. Now you can complete your pending KYC in the Bank of India without even visiting your home branch. You can either choose the Email method or the Post method to complete your KYC. These both are online methods and can be completed anytime anywhere. For a detailed step by step guide read the above method carefully.
We hope this article helped you in updating pending KYC in your Bank of India’s account. If you dace any difficulty you can contact the Bank of India customer care toll free numbers 1800 220 229 and/or 1800 103 1906 or can comment below for further queries.